Penda Learning's Content Development Team released 850+ new Florida science activities specifically crafted for FL NGSSS.
Over the last six months, Penda Learning collaborated with highly effective science teachers and leaders from across the state of Florida. This elite group of 40+ science educators collectively provided invaluable input, feedback, and teaching/learning expertise, to first identify over 285 standards spanning from grades 3 - 8, high school environmental science, and biology.
For each of the 293 standards identified, 'Evidence of Learning' components were mapped out and clearly defined by way of 3 achievement level descriptors - developing, achieving, and exceeding. This methodical and pragmatic work ultimately lead to the successful content development and design process resulting in 3 unique Penda science activities per standard - 1 activity for each achievement level descriptor.
With over 850+ new Penda Learning science activities now available, districts and schools can seamlessly transition between blended and distance learning. Teachers can leverage the activities to more efficiently and effectively differentiate instruction and drive RTI (all tiers). Penda Learning is excited to release these new digital science activities to help students reach their maximum potential in science and STEM education.
850+ New Science Activities - Additional Details
- Each activity is accessible using a mobile device, including iPads, Android tablets, and SmartPhones.
- Each activity is editable - teachers can edit the activity to further customize before assigning the activity.
- Each activity clearly defines an objective, 'evidence of learning criteria,' and major vocabulary at the beginning.
- Each activity can be translated from English into one of Google's 200 supported language translations - click here to see how
- Each activity offers a read-aloud capability where a student can click on a speaker icon and be read the informational text and/or question.