In the upcoming days, Learning 2020, Inc. DBA Penda Learning will be announcing a substantial investment in science content development. The investment will result in 600 new science activities that will be specially crafted to FL NGSSS standards. Through this monumental work, Penda Learning will offer complete and full coverage for each and every FL science standard in grades 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and high school biology. Not only will Penda Learning offer complete and full coverage by crafting new science content to the FL NGSSS standards, they will also offer 3 science activities per standard, each of varying cognitive complexity that target specific achievement level descriptors. The activities will be scaffolded using a framework of "Developing," "Achieving," and "Exceeding."
Recognizing and valuing science educators 'on-the-ground' experience, Learning 2020, Inc. is currently seeking highly qualified science educators from across the State of Florida to participate in content development work as independent contractors. Science educators who have 3+ years of classroom experience and are currently certified in grades 3 through high school biology are encouraged to apply. Applications are being accepted starting December 6, 2019 through December 31, 2019. This work will commence on January 18, 2020 in Ormond Beach, FL. for which accepted candidates must attend a full-day in-person training.
6 - Grade 3 Science
7 - Grade 4 Science
5 - Grade 5 Science
7 - Grade 6 Comprehensive Science I
7 - Grade 7 Comprehensive Science II
2 - Grade 8 Comprehensive Science III
2 - Grade 8 Physical Science (honors)
4 - High School Biology I
- 3+ years experience teaching science in a classroom setting
- Hold a current/valid teaching certification
- Currently or recently employed in one of the following capacities: classroom science teacher, science department head, science coach/specialist, science coordinator, science supervisor, school/district administrator with science experience
- Experience in at least 1 of the following areas: curriculum design/instructional design, science pedagogical best practices, STEM education, intervention/RTI/MTSS instructional frameworks, differentiated instructional strategies
- Working knowledge of Penda Learning platform
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Produce detail-oriented, error-free, impeccable work products
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- The ability to meet established deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Available in-person on January 18, 2020 in Ormond Beach, FL.
To apply, visit https://forms.gle/VjwotRFMmmxnEzwbA
For further information or questions, please contact Corey Peloquin (email@example.com).