Delivered on-site or virtually through Penda Learning’s on-demand professional learning platform, the “Penda Learning Administrator” is ideal for school-based administrators, content support personnel, and academic coaches. This professional learning experience will help administrators understand what Penda Learning is, how Penda works, and implications on student achievement. In doing so, administrators will learn about Penda Learning’s 3 main pillars - brain-based research, gamification, and classroom technology integration. Administrators will gain access to Penda Learning as they create their own administrator account. Administrators will not only be exposed to the teacher and student experience, but learn about administrative features and reporting capabilities in support of progress monitoring. Information will also be shared about how Penda can support content and pedagogical best practices, RtI, teacher evaluation frameworks, and various school/class implementations.
• Understand the research-based strategies and mechanics that Penda Learning is built upon.
• Gain student and teacher perspectives of the platform through hands-on experiences.
• Understand how Penda supports various national/state/district initiatives and educational best practices.
• Gain implementation strategies and ideas for various ways to use Penda.
Delivered on-site, this 6-hour “Penda Learning Coaches Academy” is ideal for district or school-based academic coaches, academic specialists, intervention specialists, district/administrative resource teacher, or equivalent staff assigned to support science/math instruction at a particular school or group of schools. This training consists of three parts:
1. Penda Learning for Coaches – “Introduction to Penda Learning Refresher.” Following, through guided instruction coaches then learn administrative account features of Penda, including student and teacher account management. Reporting capabilities are highlighted in support of various district/school initiatives a coach may be involved with. To build coaching capacity, value ad, and inspire school reform using Penda, the following items are highlighted and collaboratively discussed of which Penda can be used to support: school improvement goal monitoring; teacher professional development planning (IPDP); Response to Intervention; high stakes assessment prep/boot camp; grade recovery program; extended school year program/summer school; vertical articulation.
2. Train-the-Trainer - “Leveraging the Power of Penda to Influence Instruction.” Coaches will learn content and skills covered in this professional learning session through the lenses of a trainer and teacher participant. Coaches will be encouraged to work with teachers through formal coaching, school-based professional development, or job-embedded professional development to increase teacher effectiveness related to data-driven instruction and differentiating instruction via Penda.
3. Train-the-Trainer - “Gamifying Higher Order Thinking (HOT) Questions.” Coaches will learn content and skills covered in this professional learning session through the lenses of a trainer and teacher participant. Coaches will be encouraged to work with teachers through formal coaching, school-based professional development, or job-embedded professional development to increase teacher effectiveness related to higher order thinking question development and rigor.
• Gain implementation strategies and ideas for various ways to use Penda as a school coach through meaningful coaching interactions.
• Master advanced Penda platform features via groups to encourage and support teachers via differentiation, RtI intervention, continuous improvement, and enrichment.
• Master advanced Penda platform features via activity builder and SHARE to develop coach-generated Penda activities that contain high quality higher order thinking questions for teachers and students to interact with.
• Build a professional learning community among Penda coaches that inspires ongoing collaborative discussion, problem solving, creativity and strategizing, and support.
Delivered on-site or through virtual face-to-face meeting technology, work one-on-one with a Penda Learning Certified Trainer who will assist you in completing a school-based needs assessment to determine Penda areas of support. Interact with the Certified Trainer, who will customize a full-day of experiences ranging from: before-school Penda briefings, teacher planning-period clinics, rolling in-service, job embedded professional learning, coaching, modeling, collaborative data analysis with continuous improvement model (CIM) planning, or after-school debriefs.
P.O. Box 941310,
Atlanta, GA 31141