Penda infuses gamification and game mechanics to authentically engage students' emotionally during learning. Students complete each Penda activity from start to finish and are awarded points based upon their achievement. Student receive points for their efforts in completing the activity as well as points for answering questions correctly on their first attempt. While students can complete any activity as many times as they wish for practice, they only earn points during their first three attempts.
POINTS EARNED FROM EACH ACTIVITY:
- Determine the student's ranking/standing in their private competition among up to 10 friends the student selected
- Determine the student's ranking/standing on the community leaderboard, of which the student can opt-out of at any time
- Unlock games and features found within the Penda World as well as advance the student through the Penda World
- Allow the student's avatar to travel to a new Penda World to explore - things to do, places to go, people to see
- Unlock an avatar wardrobe that allows the student to customize their avatars appearance, clothes, gear, etc.
- Collect points, trophies, medals, and recognition.
(Click to enlarge)
Posted on 4/3/2017 at 5:00:00 AM
P.O. Box 941310,
Atlanta, GA 31141